These lemony Greek chicken kebabs are super easy to make and delicious served hot, warm or even room temp. They pair well with almost any meal. Serve them with a simple salad of tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber or with rice.
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ -2 lb. boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breast cut in large chunks
- 2 red onions roughly chopped, optional
- 8-12 metal or wooden skewers (if you use wood skewers, soak them first)
- Combine the ingredients (first 8 ingredients) for the chicken marinade in a medium-sized bowl, add chicken. Let marinate for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to grill the chicken, heat grill to high. Put 4-5 chicken pieces on each skewer with 2 pieces of red onion in between each piece of chicken.
- Grill the chicken on medium/high. Turn after 4-5 minutes or when the chicken releases easily from the grill and golden grill marks have formed. Grill on 3-4 sides (total about 10-15 minutes).
- Serve hot or room temperature.