Make a batch of these and you won’t have to think about lunch all week! These are a great way to get a protein-packed lunch while also getting a dose of dark green vegetables. Every time you eat dark greens you are feeding your body wonderful nutrients.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, or 2½ cups cooked quinoa
- 80 grams (¾ cup) rolled oats
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 150 grams crumbled feta
- 100 grams (4 cups) chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Mix together the cooked quinoa with the oats, eggs, cheese, chopped spinach, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat (I like cast iron for this), add olive oil.
- Using your hands, scoop a small handful of mixture and form into a patty (repeat). Lay each one in the hot oil and press the tops to flatten them a little. Cook for about 5-6 minutes per side. Give them time to brown and cook so that they will hold together. Using a spatula, carefully flip and cook on the second side.
- Remove from the pan and enjoy right away. Can be refrigerated or frozen for later use.
Makes 12 patties