- Are anti-inflammatory diets recommended for people with diabetes?Inflammation becomes harmful when it is prolonged and begins to damage healthy cells. Persistent inflammation underlies a variety of chronic medical conditions, including diabetes. To reduce levels of inflammation an anti-inflammatory diet can be helpful.
- 7 ways to help avoid diabetes complicationsIf you have diabetes, there are a number of strategies you can use to stay healthy and help prevent or delay complications. Read on to learn 7 ways you may be able to avoid diabetes complications, along with some strategies you can use to meet with success!
- Can eating disorders cause diabetes?Bulimia and binge eating are two common eating disorders associated with type 2 diabetes. Read this article to learn if eating disorders can cause diabetes.
- Meditation options for diabetes and blood glucose levelsPracticing meditation can help lower blood sugar and reduce stress levels. Read this article to learn about meditation options for diabetes and blood glucose levels.
- Can diabetes cause eating disorders?Many people have asked the question – can diabetes cause eating disorders? There are three main types of eating disorders that may be associated with diabetes: anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder.
- 5-ingredient honeyed ricotta walnut brittle strawberry bitesThese little strawberry bites are the perfect last-minute dessert. They are easy to make, healthy and ideal for a pass-around dessert party! In case you’re wondering, I did not count the oil and salt in the 5-ingredient title 🙂
- Loneliness and diabetes: information and tipsDo you ever worry that your family member or friend with diabetes is becoming withdrawn and may be lacking social contact? Loneliness and depression are two of the challenges for many individuals with diabetes
- Diabetes-friendly grocery list and tipsA well-planned grocery list can make your trip to the supermarket more efficient and also help you maintain a healthy eating plan. Read on to learn more about creating a diabetes-friendly grocery list.
- The latest on type 2 diabetes remissionWe think of type 2 diabetes as a chronic disease that can negatively impact our health the longer we have it. But more and more research is showing that some people with type 2 diabetes can achieve remission (or reverse their disease) using certain interventions.
- Simple cooking with spicesEnhance your cooking routine with spices right from your pantry. Read this article to learn how to spice up your meal plan!
Why Diabetes Care Community?
You know you can trust the information you receive at Diabetes Care Community.
Every day, thousands of Canadians from coast to coast visit Diabetes Care Community to gain knowledge and self-management skills so that they can live healthier lives.
The content we create, whether it is an article, recipe or video, are all written and/or reviewed by a healthcare professional and based on the most recent Canadian diabetes guidelines.
To ensure our visitors receive the very best up-to-date information, our diverse group of Canadian healthcare professionals contribute editorial guidance, educational content, tools and resources.